Why Perform an Energy Audit?
Consumers Reports and ENERGY STAR both recommend starting your home improvement journey with a certified home energy assessment for the following reasons:
- To review all your home systems to understand how they affect your comfort.
- To ensure the right energy efficiency upgrade is installed for the investment.
- To confirm your home's health and safety, along with energy efficiency,
What Is Included in the Energy Audit?
Weaver's comprehensive energy audit is among the most thorough evaluations in Ontario, providing clear and actionable next steps to improving the comfort, health, and energy efficiency of your home.
Our Home Energy Audits typically include all of the following in a single 3-4 hour appointment:
- Visual inspections of your attics, crawl spaces and basements for insulation and ventilation.
- Health and safety tests for natural gas leaks and carbon monoxide testing in your furnace and water heater exhaust.
- Efficiency evaluations of your heating and cooling equipment and ductwork system.
- Blower door testing to measure the total amount of drafts in your home and compare to indoor air quality standards.
- Thermal infrared scans to identify missing or flawed insulation and to locate the source of your drafts and air leaks.
- Indoor air quality testing.
- Clear and concise presentation of the findings comparing your home to ENERGY STAR standards.
- Details on available energy efficiency rebates, tax credits, and financing options.